**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Thursday 15 December 2011

Mmmmm....Doughnuts!


If there's one sweet dessert I am obsessed with- it's doughnuts! Therefore, I was excited to make Ciambelle- which are Semi-Hard Doghnuts. To start, I had to make a well with my ingredients.
Then it all turned out magically into a dough.
My kids helped me with it too!
The Ciambele turned out great! I usually buy these at the Italian bakery so I was thrilled to learn how to make them myself. They were sweet but you could taste the aniseeds and a bit of olive oil too. The wine cut into the sweetness from the sugar. We snacked on them all week at school and work. I'll have to make these for Christmas. My parents will be so impressed!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sandy, these doughnuts look delicious & I want to try them now. Thanks for sharing them!
    I am sure your parents will LOVE them.
    Peace, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed. What don't you cook?
    Your kids are growing so fast Sandi. OMG cute.
    These remind me ob skinny bagels, lol.
    oxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete