**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Panzanella is Good for the Panza!

     Wow, I have almost completed all the recipes in the Appetizer section of the Dolce Vita cook book! I am amazed at how easy the recipes were, and and how quick it was to make them. I am also very pleased at how great everything tasted. So today I made Panzanella (Tuscan bread salad). The recipe calls for some fresh basilico (basil) and because it's not hot enough outside, I am ripping off the basil from my indoor plant. Once this plant is planted outdoors, it will grow like crazy and I will be able to make some pesto sauce. Thankfully there is a recipe for pesto in the cook book.


    I was worried I wouldn't like the taste of this dish because it included stale bread and store-bought tomatoes (because they aren't in season here). I was pleasantly surprised though, at how the bread absorbed all the wonderful flavors. I was also surprized at how fresh and  light this dish was. It calmed my panza down (belly) after an Easter weekend of stuffing my face. Seriously, I had to camp out in the bathroom all day today! Sorry, I know; 'Too much information!

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure that "bathroom" visit wasn't from too much vino?? LOL.
    Looks good gf. and you have my fav Cusina products on that shelf.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is one nice basil plant! mine aren't looking too good, but you're once i can grow them outside they get crazy! can't wait for herbs on the deck! xo

    ReplyDelete