**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Monday 11 April 2011

That's so cheesy!

Oggi, I went to Grande Cheese to pick up some fresh cheese for my next dish. I was in awe of all the cheese hanging over top.
They had every variety of cheese you could think of.
I picked up some FRESH soft mozzarella cheese. When creating an Italian dish, I can not stress enough- the importance of using only the freshest ingredients. It will provide a burst of flavor and not to mention that it is healthier than the processed stuff.
I also picked up a jar of anchovies. I know most people don't like anchovies, but I grew up on it and have an appreciation for the salty taste.
I made David Rocco's version of a grilled cheese sandwich; Mozzarella in Carrozza. The cheese was soft and gooey and the anchovies gave it a slight crunch and saltiness that was needed. I ate 2 of these for lunch. I just couldn't stop. However, this time I remembered to make some for la famiglia!
 Then I made David's Frico parmesan crips for my side salad. It was incredible!! Salads are no longer boring when you add these to it.

Buon Apetito!





3 comments:

  1. yummy! I can't stand to cook without fresh ingredients! It's never the same! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?????? You made grill cheese with my fav cheese in the world? WOW
    Who would have known... I guess David did ; )
    Parmesan crisps...
    BUT NO RECIPE!!!!!!!!
    : (
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I just ate breakfast and now I'm drooling over your fresh and lovely photos!
    :D

    ReplyDelete