**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Comfort Food

 My Husband and I spent most of yesterday lying on the couch- because we both had a headache and felt queasy. I think we are just over working ourselves with the new house.
At some point I headed for the kitchen to create a comforting dish: Ribollita. Ribollita is a soup made of left-over scraps of food. It's more of a poor Farmer's soup.
I am ashamed to say that I have never cooked cabbage before because of the smell and taste. However, I found that the savoy cabbage had no smell or foul taste in this dish.
Although the taste was delicious, I think I may not have put enough broth- because it was absorbed by the bread. Next stop; the pasta portion of the Dolce Vita cook book!

1 comment:

  1. All tired out and still cooking amazing dishes, wow! My comfort food is "the bread section", very excited to see what you create there. Take care of yourselves, breathe, eat, repeat...
    Peace

    ReplyDelete