**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Thursday 21 April 2011

Cooking on a Cloud


It's been a day since David Rocco wrote about my blog and I am still pinching myself! I even got an e-mail from Lauren at David Rocco communications- saying she loved the post about Emily and the beaver tails and that I should keep up the good work :) It made me light on my feet as I cooked the next dish in his Dolce Vita cook book. I made Arancini (rice balls).
I have to say I was pretty excited to learn how to make rice balls. My Mom used to make this all the time when I was a kid, and since then I would only indulge in them when I went to a Bakery that had a hot table.
In the cook book, you learn how to stuff the Arancinis 3 ways (tre modi) but I simply stuffed mine with fresh mozzarella. The rice balls turned out sooo good and they were surprisingly so easy to make! The kids liked the crunchy outer crust and I liked how the mozzarella stretched out of them. I'll be making this again soon!

P.S Does anyone know where I can buy some Carpaccio in Toronto? I need it for my next dish!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sandy. You'll abandon your other blog for this one now LOL.
    I'm not a food blog hopper, but yours always captures me no matter what.
    Happy cooking gf.
    Love You
    Love Me
    oxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drooling! yum! and it's so awesome David saw your blog and mentioned it! i've been loving stopping over here to see what's cookin'!!
    xo natalea

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth waters every time I read about your latest cooking triumph. I've never had rice balls but they sure look great. Have a fabulous Easter!
    Peace,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look amazing! Donna sent me over from her Mustard blog. LOL. Can't wait to see what you make next!

    ReplyDelete