**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Friday 1 July 2011

A dish to match the Canadian flag

I hope you all had a fabulous Canada Day! We spent it at one of my favourite places; Black Creek Pioneer Village. I loved watching the ladies in costume- baking muffins and cookies.
Of course we had to pick up a few loaves of fresh baked bread there too.
In honor of Canada's Birthday, I present to you the next red and white dish; pasta with Salsa Bolognese!
I have always made this with ground beef, but the ground pork version -in the Dolce Vita cook book-tastes a lot better. This was a lip-smacking good sauce. 

Tomorrow I am on pins and needles as I will be cooking a big Dolce Vita- style lunch for my In-Laws!  I will be back with the verdict soon. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment