**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Sunday 1 May 2011

Recycle your food!

A favourite past-time of mine- is to go antiquing. I like to buy old objects and recycle them- by giving them a different purpose. In this case, I am using old tins as vases for my fresh herbs.
In a way I also recycled food- as I used left-over pasta for the Pasta Fritta recipe. This recipe made sense since nothing goes to waste in an Italian home. As I combined all the ingredients and saw how the dish looked- I was worried. The dish doesn't look very pleasing but boy was it a joy to eat! It tasted like a cross between Veal Parmiggiana and Pasta al Forno- if that makes sense. It was also so quick to make, which really helped since I was exhausted from waking up so early to watch Prince William get married :)

No comments:

Post a Comment