**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Double Trouble

Yesterday I decided to try 2 recipes at once- since they were prepared almost the same way. First I made Salvia Fritta con Acciughe. I was a little hesitant in trying this because I wasn't sure about the sage leaves.
It was fairly easy to make but in the end I wasn't a fan of the taste. It tasted like an aromatic salty flower.
Then I made Zucchine alla Scapece. I make this all the time for my kids and they love the fried Zucchini.
I must say however, that without dipping the Zucchini in an egg mixture first, it didn't taste or look right. Hence the conclusion that it wasn't a good day in the kitchen today. I guess you will never know until you try though!

1 comment:

  1. Awww not all recipes turn out that's for sure Sandy.
    See your red heart bowl? I have one that's blue and white... I love it, and you.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete