**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Monday 20 June 2011

Salsa di Cinque Minuti per Figlio Mio ;)

When I asked my 5 year old Son Lucas what he wanted for dinner tonight, he responded with his favourite dish; PASTA WITH SAUCE! I ran out of tomatoe sauce, so I followed the Salsa Di Cinque Minuti di Mia Mamma- recipe in the Dolce Vita cook book.
Check it out; Lucas actually likes pecorino (sheep's) cheese on his pasta!? Tonight he asked if eating pasta would make him big and strong. He also asked if he was going to be famous after I took this picture of him. Kids say the funniest things!
I always thought you had to cook sauce for at least an hour, so I loved that this sauce only took 5 minutes (cinque minuti). The sauce had a wonderful roasted garlic kick to it. I ate it over Gnocchi and my kids ate it over shell shaped pasta. My Son and I give it 5 stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment