**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Tuesday 3 May 2011

This sure beats Hospital food!

Today I made Pappa di Pomodoro from the Dolce Vita cook book. I used my MIL's fresh jarred tomatoes- instead of the plum tomatoes- since they aren't in season right now. I'm so lucky my in-laws make this for us because it makes the perfect pasta sauce.
I also used my MIL's dried home-made bread instead of Tuscan bread. Nothing beats the taste of home-made bread-let me tell ya!
This dish is like an appetizer soup. I found it to be rich and hearty. Emily loved it because she said it's like dunking bread in sauce and oil- which she loves! My Sister is in the Hospital, so I will have to bring this to her. It will warm her up and make her feel like she's at home.


2 comments:

  1. I really like "this sure beats hospital food" and I hope your sister gets better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is comfort food for sure. I hope your sis is feeling better Sandy.
    I was visiting Every is a holiday. Your sweet Easter creation on her blog is adorable.
    Could you please tell the weather man to stop all this rain? Thanks : )
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete