**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Good Morning!

When I was little, I used to love sleeping over Nonna and Nonno's house on the weekend. I remember that for breakfast, Nonna would give me a bowl of warm milk that had sugar in it and pieces of toasted bread. It was a comforting breakfast. This morning I cooked an egg dish from the Dolce Vita cook book.
Since freshness is key-when preparing a meal- I headed over to a local farm to pick up some fresh eggs first.
You wouldn't believe the difference in taste when you eat fresh eggs! The yolk itself is a brighter orange than the eggs you buy at the store. Only when I get fresh eggs- do I make Zabaglione. It's made by simply pouring sugar over the yolk and beating it until it's creamy. Most people add Marsala wine to it as well. It tastes sooo good!
This morning I made a Frittata di Verdura. This is the perfect cold-weather dish. It was so tasty and filling. For lunch, I'm going to make a frittata sandwich with my left-overs. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. OMG would you STOP this? Please stop this... I'm starving already.
    I used to LOVE going to my grandmother's house too Sandy. She made the best oatmeal with perfect buttered toast. YUMMMMMY
    See you tomorrow.
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete