**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Tuesday 31 May 2011

A visit to the gourmet market

    Today I tracked back and made 2 appetizers. I made Involtini di Bresaola and Carpaccio di Bresaola. I wasn't able to make them before because I didn't know where I could get the thin cured beef, but David Rocco- himself wrote me that I could find them in a gourmet grocery store. Yesterday I went to Pusateri's for the first time, and was in awe of the selection of food there. I picked up these Quail's eggs because they taste soooo good- and not to mention they are so pretty!
I also found the Bresaola-hooray! I gathered all the ingredients and within minutes, I put together the 2 appetizers.
The Involtini di Bresaola was delicious! The ricotta was mouth watering and the Bresaola gave it the salt it needed. It had a wonderful crunchy, soft and chewy texture.
The Carpaccio di Bresaola reminded me of a pizza I once ate- with prosciutto and arugula on top. I also liked this dish because I just love the taste of parmiggiano with arugula.

Just the other day -on TLN- I watched David make the Bresaola at the beach. On that note, I will leave you with the cute opening of David Rocco's Dolce Vita. His babies were soooo cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment