**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Wednesday 27 April 2011

I tried to avoid it!

     I kept putting off this next recipe, because I had never cooked or eaten artichokes before (other than the ones jarred in oil.) Since we are nearing the end of the Appetizer section of Dolce Vita- I couldn't avoid cooking with artichokes any longer because I had to make Carciofi Fritti.
    I was off to a good start though, as I noticed that  the lemon water really worked to keep the artichokes from browning.
 
     So I followed the helpful instructions very carefully and ta-da!!!! Doesn't it look good?! Well amazingly it tasted delicious too. It wasn't as bitter as I thought it would be. Phew! That's one challenge successfully completed, and now I longer live in fear of the artichoke!

3 comments:

  1. you never ate artichokes before?!?? i love them! and these look awesome! can i come visit soon and will you cook for me? pretty please?! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet girl firend! Any time!!

    Sand

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scared of an Artichoke? did you think you would choke on it? LOL
    We eat them stuffed with bread crumbs drenched in butter and other goodies. We rip off the leaf and grind our teeth across it. You don't eat the hard part. Problem is we can never find the really big ones to do this. Small ones just don't cut the mustard in this case.
    Yours look amazing.
    I'm guessing David didn't do his appetizers in alphabetic order cuz A is for Artichoke and your done with that section??? : )
    Happy Thursday gf.
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete