**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Saturday 16 April 2011

I'm Having an Affair...with Italian Food

Today I rushed home from work because I was so excited to start the next recipe in the Dolce Vita cook book. I am in love with cooking and I fall even more in love when the meals taste so delizioso! Today's dish was Pizza Fritta (fried). For this dish, I picked up some fresh basil from the Grocery store- since it's too early to grow it in my garden.
I also bought some fresh dough from the local Bakery.
I learned to make small fried pizza discs in a way I had never tried before. It was so warm, crunchy and flavorful. 
When I told Daughter that the cook book said you could also put sweet ingredients over top of the pizza, my Daughter Emily said; "Let's put Nutella on it!!" Nutella Hazelnut Spread is a staple we always have in our home. When the kids want a snack, they spread Nutella on fresh or toasted bread.
So I honored Emma's request and made her pizza with Nutella on it. Emily's response was: "Yummy, yummy, in my tummy! It tastes like Beaver Tails!!" Spoken like a true Italian-Canadian!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sandy,

    What a great idea starting a blog about Italian food...Yummy!


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok now that's something Randy want's to know about.
    Email me that recipe gf.
    YUMMY
    xoxxoxo

    ReplyDelete