**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Friday 22 April 2011

Cooking is an Art Form

These days as I cook my way through Dolce Vita- I find that cooking is alot like creating art. Take the above altered recipe note book I made- for instance. I enjoyed working with the bright colours and lovely textures. Cooking has the added bonus of delicous smells,enticing sounds and delicious taste. When I am creating- I lose myself in the moment and I tend to lose the concept of time. I am finding that the same is true when I cook. 
Today I made Pepperoni di Zia Franca. I couldn't wait to taste this recipe because I am a huge fan of olives, walnuts and of course anchovies! This time I cheated though- and I used my MIL's jarred roasted red peppers.
As all the ingredients were simmering together, the crackling SOUND was so inviting, the SMELLS were heavenly, the COLORS were so vibrant, there was a crunchy and soft TEXTURE to it and the TASTE was so savory.  I never thought I would love capers so much! This dish satisfied my hunger as I ate it with some dried Italian bread. Today is Good Friday, so this meal came in handy- since we don't eat meat on this day.

1 comment:

  1. So does David have a good ham recipe? lol
    Are you cooking an Italian turkey for Easter? lol
    I'm pulling your leg. Your becoming so entertaining with your sweet words appertaining to food. Who knew? I didn't, but I love it.
    How's that little fuzzy thing? Leaving little pressies all over?
    Love Ya
    Love me
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete