**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Drowning in my Ice Cream

      It's been a few days since I had the pleasure of meeting David in person and I am still in awe. I was so happy to share that moment with my dear friend Natalea- who was visiting here from New York over the weekend. I had actually cooked her some Gnudi (Naked Ravioli) and Penne con Pomodorini the night before. It was requested by her, after reading my blog posts. Natalea loved the dishes and was quite happy to meet the Chef behind the cook book.
Yesterday I was contacted by David's Publisher! She asked me if I would write up a review for the Dolce Vita cook book for their corporate web site! I happily accepted and will be working away on it during the month of November :) Check out my call display on my phone! It looks like Julia Child called..lol! I called the number back and it was a hair salon. That's what I call; 'a sign'!
 So tonight I felt like curling up in my P.Js in front of my T.V and eating some ice cream- because the weather is so icky! I cracked open the cook book and went to the Dolci (sweets) section of the book and made gelato Affogato (drowned ice cream). It's a simple combination of good quality vanilla ice cream and espresso. I thought it would be bitter since it didn't call for sugar, but the ice cream took care of that. It was so silky smooth and it definitely satisfied my sweet tooth. The ice cream melts fast but I always wait for my ice cream to melt before I eat it. YUM!

1 comment:

  1. how funny that the number came up J Child! Ha!
    that was a fun time! worth the traffic and parking! xo

    ReplyDelete