**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Saturday 6 August 2011

Give your sweetie a bouquet of zucchini flowers!

I sympathized with David, when he wrote -in his Dolce Vita cook book- that he was embarrased to admit he ate zucchini flowers. That's because my MIL makes fritters with the flowers as well and we love it!
Now that the zucchini flowers are in season, I referred back to the Antipasti section of the cook book- and made Fiori di Zucchine (fried stuffed zucchini flowers).
This dish was HEAVENLY! You could taste a hint of the wine and the saltiness of the anchovies helped with the mild mozzarella. I ate this for lunch with some left-over Chardonnay. I will be making this over and over again!

1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow Sandy, I just gained 10 lbs. looking at ALL your wonderful dishes. I'm gooshing to Randy now. He needs to get that darn book. Girl how do you do it? How's the house? Moved in yet? I'm just catching up around here.
    Since the girls left it's been raining every single day. WTW?
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete