**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Sunday 24 April 2011

A Drunken' Easter ;)

It's Easter weekend! At Easter time, some Italians have a tradition of making Easter Braids (as in the above picture). My MIL made these, and her version tastes like sweet bread. This evening we were invited to my Sister Julie's place for a nice lamb dinner.
My blog being mentioned by David -is all the buzz around my family! This meant the pressure was on, and I had to impress the family with an awesome dessert from the Dolce Vita cook book. So for Pasqua, I made two Tiramisu al Limone! I rushed around yesterday to buy some Mascarpone (this tastes amazing on bread) and some Italian lady finger cookies.
The recipe also called for Limoncello, (a lemon liquor) and thankfully I had some of my Dad's home-made Limoncello in my cantina. I have to say, I love lemon in cakes and cookies, so this looked really good. Normally Tiramisu is made with espresso.
I should have paid more attention though- to how much Limoncello I was sipping- as I prepared my cake! By the time the cake was ready, I was walking funny! Here I am- trying to pose for the shot- while trying not to bust a gut laughing. Let's just say it was a VERY Happy Easter celebration for me..hee,hee!

Needless to say, the Tiramisu al Limone was a hit! Julie's Mother in Law liked it so much that she wanted to know how I made it. We both agreed that it was a light and refreshing cake. It's perfect for the spring time! Thanks for making me look good in front of la famiglia David :)

2 comments:

  1. 'Hehe' you did make Me laugh, it does look yummy even if it were made a little drunkenly ;o)
    Hope you had a fabulous Easter!

    B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got tipsy on Limoncello? Now that's funny. And that's a big a-- cake gf.
    Glad you hade a great Easter weekend... now get ready for all the rain coming your way ; (
    Love ya
    Love me
    xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete