**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Wednesday 20 April 2011

No Measurements Required!

Mmmm I love Spinach and Rapini! I sometimes crave this and can eat 2 bunches easily! Today I was going to make Spinaci Saltate, but my Husband bought Rapini instead- so I made Salsiccia con Cime di Rapa.
Mostly all the recipes in Dolce Vita cook book don't have measurements. This is because our Italian ancestors never really measured their food. They would use a hand full, a pinch etc. When I asked my Nonna how much of an ingredient was required in a recipe, she would often say 'Quanto hai bisogno!' (how much is needed). This is probably the best way since I can add more of ingredient that I like better.
   
Spinaci Saltate is prepared with this recipe, except that we also add sausages.
This is a simple yet flavorful and healthy dish. It was a hit with our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment