**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Sunday 12 June 2011

A Love-Hate Relationship with Mushrooms

Today I decided to be brave by cooking Zuppa di Porcini. I normally don't eat mushrooms, as the taste is too earthy for me, but I  had confidence in this recipe, as I have enjoyed the recipes in the Dolce Vita cook book so far.
For this recipe I had to get some Porcini mushrooms. My grocery store didn't carry them, so I bought Portobello mushrooms instead-and prayed it would all work out.
The Portobello mushrooms turn grey when they are cooked- as opposed to the white Porcini, but the taste was so savory and the fresh mint took away the earthiness of the mushroom. To quote my Husband, this soup is "FANTASTIC"!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! this looks so good. I love mushrooms but I can't eat them raw! Vince must be loving that you're doing all this fun cooking! xo

    ReplyDelete