**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Thursday 5 May 2011

Don't Forget to Stretch!

PHEW! I am finally down to the last appetizer in the Dolce Vita cook book! Looking back, I have to say, my favourite dishes (that I actually made more than once), were the Arancini, Frico, Lenticchie con Pancetta, Mozzarella in Carrozza, and Pasta Fritta.
So my final dish was the Crochette di Patate. This is a fried potatoe log- filled with fresh mozzarella. It looked complicated, but it was fairly easy to make.
I had guests over, and their mouths were watering, as they watched my cook this dish. In the end, the crocchette were a crowd pleaser. I enjoyed the crunchy outside and soft inside, and the sesame seeds gave it the kick it needed. My Husband enjoyed seeing how far the mozzarella could stretch out of them too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment