**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Sunday 6 November 2011

The Marriage of Sweet & Sour

Oh how I wish it was still strawberry season.
 For now, I have to buy strawberries from the grocery store. I bought some strawberries to make this next recipe; Fragole all' Aceto Balsamico. It's a simple combination of balsamic vinegar and strawberries. Let it rest for 5 minutes and enjoy. The sweetness of the strawberries cut through the sour taste of the vinegar. David even suggested to try balsamic vinegar over vanilla ice cream. I did just that and was amazed by the taste. It tasted a bit like coffee ice cream and it wasn't sour at all.

3 comments:

  1. Man have i missed a lot of your great posts Sandy. Sorry gf.
    LOVE balsamic and strawberries. LIke I told you Randy has been in the kitchen. He also came upon the "sweet and sour" thing. You two have so much in common, lol.
    LOVE the way your WARNING signs came with your sweet treats with almonds. Too funny.
    ROCK ON GIRL with DAVID!!!!! YUMMY.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, more delicious goodies to try! Up until now, I haven't liked balsamic vinegar much. Do you have any suggestions for finding a really good B.V.??? Peace, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would try this! Hi Sandy, I found you via Claudette's Blog. She suggested I pop over, I am so glad I did...I love Italian food! Love your Blog!!! The background of the grapes is wonderful.
    I'm off to read more,I am going to follow you so I can keep in touch.
    Grace

    ReplyDelete