**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Sunday 11 September 2011

Being in Purgatory is not so bad

Wow, these past 3 weeks sped by so fast- with all the work we did to move into our new house! The kitchen cabinet area still isn't 100% complete, but here is a sneak peek. Do you notice David's cook book on display? :)
Here is the dining area of the kitchen. We went with the farm house look.
Last night my parents came over for their first official visit. I surprized my Dad with his favourite dish: Uova in Purgatorio (Eggs in Purgatory)- from the Dolce Vita cook book.
This was a simple and sumptuous dish! It was one of my favourites while growing up.
I set the table real pretty too. 
I also made Spaghetti Aglio e Oli and ''Colazione del Contadino' salad. My parents were very impressed! They couldn't admit it -but I think out of my other Sisters- I cook the best food...lol!!

1 comment:

  1. Eggs in Purgatory?????? Never ever heard of that one. Please tell me what the heck is in there besides eggs? What do you put it on?
    NICE country table. I wouldn't have pegged you for the country look : )
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete