**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Saturday 9 April 2011

Lentils for Lunch

Yesterday at lunch I was so hungry and a can of Ital Gusto lentil beans on my counter-was calling my name! So I cracked open David's cook book and made: Lenticchie con Pancetta. It was the second dish I created -from Dolce Vita- in one day! I learned that you have to strain and rinse canned beans.
Lucky for me, my In-laws make their own pancetta, so I sliced away...
A delicious aroma filled my house- as I was cooking away. Note to self: when handling chili flakes; wash your hands before you rub your eyes-OUCH!
This dish was so saporito (tasty) and it kept me satisfied the whole day! I really enjoyed he saltiness and crunchiness of the pancetta, the chili kick and the rosemary infused lentils. I loved it so much that I ate the whole thing myself! In the past, I made my lentils with garlic, olive oil, carrots and a tomato. This version is way more tastier!

Here was a bit of a lesson though: When I first told my Husband about my idea to cook my way though the cook book and blog about it- he said:
"Listen, I just don't want you to get stressed out about it"
I said: "Well thanks for your support"
Then when he got home from work and smelled the aroma of lentils in the air, he said:
"Why didn't you save me any lentils? What was the purpose of trying the recipes if you're not going to share?!"
I promised to make extras next time!
Let's just say though, that my Husband is much more supportive! The next day he called me from the grocery store to ask if we should buy radicchio for a recipe he saw in the cook book and really wants me to make :)


1 comment:

  1. Silly husbands sometimes, lol.
    Note to self.... never cook so I won't rub my eyes with chilies.
    I'm your first follower and you know I DO NOT COOK. See your doing it for both of us, you and Randy. Way to go girl.
    When you make a super duper dish with noodles... call me I'll be right over and I'll bring the wine.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete