**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Wednesday 4 May 2011

'I Can't Believe it's not B(i)tter!'

Today I made David Rocco's Radicchio alla Griglia. My In-Laws always grow radicchio in their garden, and love to mix it with other leafy greens in their salad. As you can tell-from my last few posts- they still keep with the old traditions. The above photo is my Sister-in-Laws Mary and Gina in their home town of Calabria, Italy.
I don't like the bitter taste of raddichio, so I left this recipe for last. I marinated and grilled them, and I was surprised at how they didn't fall apart on the grill. Not only that, but I was very pleased that they didn't taste bitter at all! They were so juicy and delicious! Next time I roast zucchini and red peppers, I will throw radicchio on the grill too. My Husband said it was his favourite dish in the cook book so far!

1 comment:

  1. I never buy that stuff because I don't like the bitter taste either. That's surprises me Sandy. I'm still not going to try it : (
    How's your sis?
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete